Some of the factors that can power up your Credit Score:
- The lower your overall balances (not including mortgage), the better – so try to stay within credit limits and keep balances low.
- Too many new applications for credit can make lenders think you need to live off credit – each application is recorded on your credit report for 12 months, so the fewer you’ve made in the last 6 months, the better.
- Missed or late payments can have a big impact, but paying on time can really help your score – so try to make sure all bills are paid on time.
- Register to vote at your current address – lenders use the electoral roll to help confirm who you are and where you live.
- Review your credit report regularly – make sure it’s up to date and in good shape for when you’re ready to apply for credit.