Landlord Terms and Conditions
Ezylet: Ezylet PLC
Landlord: Landlord as listed in the Tenancy Agreement.
Agent: The Agent acting on behalf of the Landlord listed in the Tenancy Agreement. If the property has been rented through an agent, the term “Landlord” should be read as “Agent”.
Tenancy Agreement: The Agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant.
- Ezylet acts as a UK Rent Guarantor for the Tenant.
Ezylet Rent Guarantee
- This Contract is between Ezylet and the Landlord.
- The contract between the Landlord and the Tenant must be a legal Short Assured Tenancy Agreement or a Private Residential Tenancy Agreement of a minimum 12 month duration. Licence Agreements will not be accepted.
- The Ezylet Rent Guarantee is for a fixed term of 12 months and is valid from the commencement date of the Tenancy Agreement. The Guarantee will not cover such debts as; utility bills, Council Tax or television licence.
- If the tenancy is assigned or otherwise terminated with the Landlord’s consent, this deed will be terminated with immediate effect.
- Ezylet Rent Guarantor is not an alternative to good, professional, day -to -day business management. It is the Landlord’s duty to ensure timely collection of rent and the proper legal management of their affairs.
- The Landlord must be compliant to all legislative requirements in the relative Housing Acts of the country in which the property is located; England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or Gibraltar.
- Where Ezylet are expected to act as the Guarantor, Ezylet must provide the Landlord with a new contract of Guarantee before any offer of a new Tenancy Agreement is signed.
- The Landlord must supply a copy of the current Tenancy Agreement before any claim can be processed. Upon request, the Landlord will also supply copies of other documents that may be required to make a claim.
- In the event of a rent default, the Landlord must report the default to Ezylet using the required form within 14 days of the default. Subsequent defaults must be notified to Ezylet within 14 days of the default up to the end of the contract.
- In the event of a claim for damages discovered at the end of the tenancy, notification of a claim must be made within 21 days of the end of the Agreement.
- A claim will normally be settled by Ezylet within 21 days of notifying Ezylet of a legal debt.
- The Landlord must have tried to resolve the default by communicating with the Tenant and keep a log of such communications and these communication notes and results must be given to Ezylet at the time of the claim.
- Where the rent arrears or other default result in eviction, all eviction processes must be carried out by Ezylet or their agents. The Landlord must assign all the relevant permissions to Ezylet on demand before any eviction process can start.
- The Landlord must, at their earliest convenience, notify Ezylet of a pending claim, if aware that such a claim may be made.
- Property damages up to £10,000 (less any deposit paid by the Tenant) will be covered.
- All claims will be checked for fraud and misleading information. If the claim deemed fraudulent the claim will be stopped. If the claim relates to the deliberate withholding of rent by the Tenant, any such reason shall be explained by the landlord to Ezylet at the point of a claim.
- In the event of Tenant failing to take up residence and relinquishing their tenancy, Ezylet will pay a maximum of 2 months’ rent to allow the Landlord to remarket the property.
- In the event of a significant breach of Tenant obligations, such as drug dealing, growing illicit substances, prostitution etc, Ezylet will not cover eviction and the Rent Guarantee will become null and void.
- In the event of a Tenant terminating their AST prior to the end of the contract, and with the written permission of the Landlord or his Agent, then this agreement will cease.
- Any claims in respect of cancelled agreements must be notified at time of cancellation.
Joint & Several
- The liability of the Guarantor is limited to the proportion of the Tenant’s liability under the Terms of the Ezylet Rent Guarantor Agreement notwithstanding that the Tenant’s liability under the Tenancy Agreement is a Joint and Several liability with all the other Tenants under the Agreement.
General Terms & Conditions
- Under this guarantee Ezylet undertakes not to use your personal information other than for the implementation of this contract and for internal statistical purposes. Your personal data will not be used for marketing purposes unless otherwise specifically agreed to at time of purchase. Should you agree you have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by law in the country of the location of the property; England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Gibraltar.
- com general website Terms & Conditions also apply.