Ezylet: Ezylet PLC
Tenant: Tenant as listed in the Tenancy Agreement.
Agent: The Agent acting on behalf of the Landlord listed in the Tenancy Agreement. If the property has been rented through an agent, the term “Landlord” should be read as “Agent”.
Tenancy Agreement: The Agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant.
- Ezylet will act as a UK Rent Guarantor for the Tenant.
- The Tenant warrants that if renting in the UK, that they have a Right to Rent in the UK.
- Ezylet will not normally credit check a Tenant but the Tenant warrants that their income, in an application by someone in or about to start work, is a minimum of 1.5 x the rent and can normally afford the rent and other legitimate payments due under the Terms of the Tenancy Agreement. (Example rent per month = £500, earnings must be (£500 x 1.5) = £750 or greater)
- The Tenant must supply details of their identity, proof of study or employment, accommodation details and nominate a secondary contact person for an application to be accepted.
- That the Agreement between the Tenant and the Landlord is a Short Assured Tenancy Agreement or a Private Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- The Ezylet Rent Guarantee is for a fixed term of 12 months and is valid from the commencement date of the Tenancy Agreement.
- It is the legal obligation of the Tenant to pay their due payments to the Landlord on time for the duration of the contract.
- The liability of the Guarantor is limited to the proportion of the Tenant’s liability under the Terms of the Ezylet Rent Guarantor Agreement. However, the Guarantee will not cover such debts as, but not limited to; utility bills, Council Tax or television licence.
- The withholding of rent is considered an illegal offence and may invalidate your rent guarantee and may affect your ability to obtain accommodation in the future.
- The non-payment of rent or other costs as detailed in the Tenancy Agreement as being at the Tenant’s liability, may result in the Tenant being evicted. Any subsequent marketing costs to re-let the room/property may be also charged to the Tenant.
- Your credit rating may be affected through non-payment of rent or other financial obligations as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement.
- If the Tenant foresees a claim being made by the Landlord due to the late payment of rent for whatever reason, they must notify their Landlord to allow them to work with the Tenant to achieve a satisfactory arrangement as soon as practical.
- In the event of a significant breach of Tenant obligations, such as for drug dealing, growing illicit substances, prostitution etc, the Ezylet Rent Guarantor will become null and void.
Cancellations and your rights
- Prior to your guarantee being signed and accepted by the Landlord, you may cancel the contract within 14 days and receive a refund (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), less an administration fee of £75.
- Should the Landlord be unable to agree with the guarantee and you are unable to move in to the property as a consequence, you will receive a full refund of the cost of the Guarantee.
- Should the requested Guarantee be issued on your behalf to the Landlord the contract will be deemed to have been supplied and completed.
- This Guarantee is provided in order to facilitate the process of renting only. In the event of Ezylet having to pay your rent or damages the tenant must reimburse Ezylet for any loss incurred by Ezylet under the provision of this Rent Guarantee.
- Failure to pay under the terms of a repayment arrangement made with Ezylet will result in interest being added to the amount of 3% over the UK bank base rate.
- In the event of the tenant remaining at the property after the initial term, a new Tenancy Agreement must be provided to Ezylet and a new Rent Guarantee applied for under the terms of the new contract.
- Possession of a current Ezylet Rent Guarantee does not imply future approval of any applications.
Joint & Several
- The liability of the Guarantor is limited to the proportion of the Tenant’s liability under the Terms of the Ezylet Rent Guarantor Agreement notwithstanding that the Tenant’s liability under the Tenancy Agreement is a Joint and Several liability with all the other Tenants under the Agreement.
General Terms & Conditions
- Under this guarantee Ezylet undertakes not to use your personal information other than for the implementation of this contract and for internal statistical purposes. Your personal data will not be used for marketing purposes unless otherwise specifically agreed to at time of purchase. Should you agree you have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by law in the country of the location of the property; England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Gibraltar.
- com general website Terms & Conditions also apply.